Are Entrepreneurs Born, or Made?

0
69

Nearly half of individuals in 38 countries globally find themselves as prospective entrepreneurs and a much larger share believe entrepreneurs are made, not born. This was a part of their findings in the Amway Global Entrepreneurship Report 2014 released today that surveyed roughly 44,000 people aged 14 to 99.

Authorities and organizations that focus on entrepreneurship education and programs can help interpret this entrepreneurial power into business ownership that fosters the world market and leads to communities that are essential, the report points out.

Supportive culture needed
Although the report discovers out a developing sense of private entrepreneurship globally, it also indicates that it’s not universal. Men are significantly more inclined to find themselves in business than girls –48 percent versus 37 percent.

We’ve also noticed that as individuals age, they become much less positive about entrepreneurship and therefore are less receptive to being in business on their own.

Overall, however, individuals worldwide are increasingly optimistic about entrepreneurship–75 percent of the surveyed have a positive attitude toward entrepreneurshipup four per cent over 2013.

A total of 42% of those surveyed may envision themselves as entrepreneurs, up 2 percent over the 2013 study.While folks are positive about entrepreneurship, they don’t think their societies are necessarily beneficial to entrepreneurs.

Can entrepreneurship be taught?

Only 49 percent of economists believed there is strong support for entrepreneurs, with 43 percent mentioning their culture as”entrepreneurship ”

The positive culture for entrepreneurs, according to the record, is Denmark, with over 80 percent of Danes mentioning their culture as entrepreneur friendly. Portugal is at the other end of the spectrum. Greater than 20% of the surveyed there felt entrepreneurism was supported and encouraged.

People around the world had a similar view on the question of whether entrepreneurs are born or produced.

In 37 of 38 markets engaging in the study, people think entrepreneurship can be taught and entrepreneurs can be manufactured. Only in Japan did people believe marketers are born and not made.

Attitudes toward entrepreneurship are increasingly changing across generations. In general, almost two-thirds of respondents believe that entrepreneurs are made and not born. Individuals under 35 have the strongest belief that entrepreneurship can be taught, with 70 percent agreeing, compared to 65 percent of the 35 to 49 years old, and 57% of these older than 50.

The report also reveals how much more can be done in order to support these prospective entrepreneurs–and points to opportunities for those who wish to help.

Greater than half, 43% of respondents, believe existing entrepreneurship education options are satisfactory.

They cite basic business skills (42 percent), management and leadership skills (37 percent) and”entrepreneurship in training” education and training programs as crucial in helping them establish their own companies. People see colleges, state programs and universities as institutions responsible for entrepreneurship education, in this order. Offering entrepreneurship instruction before in universities, in addition to the many university programs that already exist, may help boost entrepreneurship.

–From Steve Van Andel . Andel is currently chairman of Amway.

This post was originally featured HERE