- Merchant acquirer EVO Payments Inc. processed 821.6 million transactions in 2018’s fourth quarter, up 16% from 705.5 million a year earlier. European transactions grew 22% to 575.1 million while North American transactions rose 5% to 246.5 million. Fourth-quarter revenues increased 9% year-over-year to $150.8 million; the company posted a net loss of $4.04 million.
- On Track Innovations Ltd., a vendor of contactless readers for the self-service market, reported revenue of $21.9 million for 2018, up 5% from 2017. Fourth-quarter revenue of $4.5 million was down from $6.3 million in 2017. Management blamed the decline on fewer orders from the Asia/Pacific market and tariffs on imports from China, where OTI manufactures its products.
- Datacap Systems Inc. completed level 3 EMV certification with Ingenico Group’s Tetra platform for point-of-sale devices.
- Bluefin Payment Systems said merchants using the Cardknox payment gateway will have access to Bluefin’s point-to-point encryption service.
- Payments provider Wirecard, in a study conducted by Forrester Research, found that 87% of U.S. merchants said cross-border growth is critical or a high priority over the next two years.
- The Secure Technology Alliance released a guide on biometric payment cards.
- The Merchant Advisory Group released an infographic on tokenization on its KnowYourPayments.com site.
- In its annual Consumer Spending Index, TD Bank found that 82% of millennials believe society eventually will become cashless. It also found that 23% don’t have a credit card and 26% prefer to use cash when traveling.
Read the rest of this post here